Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hank and Diane...Brailling in the Bahamas


Hanks Bday Party at Ester's.   A proud sailor.


Diane and me.

Hank and me.


This is what my bike basket looks like when I'm heading out to teach Braille in the Bahamas.  You can see my Perkins Brailler and some scribbler's with dark lines for the young boy at Beacon's School who is Visually Impaired.


This is Edmond in Grade one.  He is a very good Brailler.  This Brailler was donated by Val and her friend Al.  Thanks to them for giving Edmond a chance to continue his Brailling.



Here Edmond is using a Braille Calendar set that was donated by a Braille Angel in Canada.


This is paper with raised lines.


On Monday afternoons, I would bicycle to Leona and Lakita's home and we would all do Braille with her friend Vandrea.  Here is Vandrea Brailling.  The Braille Association in Freeport had two Perkins Braillers for their members to use.  Vandrea needs a Perkins Brailler so she can practice at home.  They are $700.  I am looking for donations to pay for materials for the students in Brailling in the Bahamas and two Perkins Braillers.  Let me know if you have ideas for fund raising for this.


Lakita and her Mom, Leona during Brailling class.  Lakita isn't blind and is learning Braille with her Mom.  She is a big help because she can read out what the dots are for each letter for Leona and Vandrea when they need a bit of help.

No comments: