Saturday, December 3, 2011

Amherst Island Public School, Kate's Baby Shower


I volunteered at Amherst Island Public School Monday and Tuesday mornings.  It was a lot of fun for me and put me in a very familiar setting, having taught for 35 years.  I usually helped Janet Scott with her classes.  I didn't have permission to take pictures of the children so here are their shoes.  There are 23 students in grades K to 8 in two classrooms.  They have a library, a gym and a Kindergarten play area inside.  

For Science class they had two African Jumping frogs and one of them "Wild Spot" died so Mrs. Scott and the kids had a funeral and buried him in the garden outside the school.


What a sky.  I'm on the Amherst Islander...the ferry.


The bridge of the ferry, where the captain steers the boat is behind me.  I love the 15 minutes you get to sit and read or visit or snooze on the ferry.


Mom at Kate's baby shower.  Mom's going to be a Great Grandma again and Christa, my neice is due the same time as Kate.  What a coincidence.  Kate and her cousing Chelsea are only 4 days apart.


My Sarah and my Kate.


My Aunt Laura and cousin Maxine.


My sister-in-law, Noella, a pregnant Kate and niece-in-law, Rebecca.  Thanks so very much Noella for organizing the shower for Katie.  It was fabulous.


Mom, Sarah, Chelsea and Kerry.  Thanks so much Chelsea for organizing and putting the shower on.  You're a sweetie.


Kate, Chelsea and Noella.  Kate gave Noella and Chelsea two bottles of wine for putting the shower on for her.


Mom and me.
A young Kate.

No comments: