Monday, February 13, 2012

March 2011, last year.... John and Trish, Beacon School, Friends...


Great T-shirt...


Last year John and Trish came to visit.  Breakfast at Island Java in Port Lucaya.  It's closed this year, so sad.


Coffee-friend Dee Dee.  Dee Dee and her husband, her friend, Marilyn and her husband came up to visit us this summer at the Cafe' and stayed at the Lodge.  It was so much fun seeing them out of context, on Amherst Island instead of Grand Bahama Island.


Anthony and Hank playing at the sing along at Groupers.


Me playing the Mandolin.  It's a blurry picture but it's the only picture I have of me playing my mandolin.


Guitar Time with the Guitar Man, Anthony, at Beacon School.


Oh, here I am playing the Mandolin again.  Doris got a few old guitars for us and we took two down and had two so Anthony put new strings on the guitars and we let the students take turns playing them.  He tuned them so that they were playing in the key of C.  It sounded pretty good.





Anthony is wearing a shirt that Doris designed.






The kayak has been a lot of fun in the Bahamas.  Adam is at the back and then two of his friends.  Adam is Les, the fisherman's son.  We often lend out the kayak.


Trish, enjoying the sun and slow times.


Trish and John.


Anthony, Trish and John.


John in the dinghy, on his way out snorkeling.  We snorkelled every day I think.  I got an ear infection from snorkelling so much.  I had to go to the Dr. to get a prescription for antibiotics.  The Dr. appointment cost $80, the medication as $10 and the check-up after it was gone was $45.  Not bad.  I tried to claim it but I was too late submitting the form.

No comments: