Friday, September 7, 2012

Amherst Island, Stella's Cafe', Old Pics...


A mail box on the 3rd Concession Road...a nest...


And blue eggs.


Friends of ours that come into the Cafe' often built a Yurt on their property on the Island.  Isn't it interesting?


Dairy cattle at Bruce Caughey's farm.


Sisters and brother-in-laws rented the Goodman House on Front Road, they came for breakfast and supper while they were visiting the Island.


Great book, recommended by Janet Scott.  I would recommend it too.


Old pics...how long ago?  Andy and Sandy in Calgary.  Friends of Terry (my first husband) and mine.  It was in the 70's.  I'm still in touch with Sandy through emails.


My sister Joan, Dan, Michael, Leslie, Steven, Brandi and MacKenzie at their old farm house on the main land.  Pre-Lily and Roger.


My nephews Greg and Tom and Greg and Anna-Mae's two daughters, Amber and Heike...a bunch of years ago.


Daughter Sarah when she was 16, I think.


A young Anthony, before me.


Greg and Anna-Mae's wedding day.


My friend Beth's graduation picture from Queen's.


Anthony and my wedding in our backyard in Newburgh.  A little Kate and Sarah and a young Michael.


One of the summers we rented some cottages on Vardy Lake.  I came home from Calgary/Okotoks for the month of July every year, with Kate and Sarah.  Michael, Christa and Sarah.


A baby Leslie.


A baby me.


We bought a boat that was in Welland, a 33 foot Chance.  Anthony brought it down the Welland Canal and sailed it to Port Credit Marina.  We had it for a year and then bought the 43 foot Swan of Tuonela.


Richard-son, with his chef's jacket on.


Celebrity Chefs from last Friday...Geoff and Saskia...they sold out.  Great food.  Thanks so much.


AIMS with the Water Tractor watering the hanging flowers along the village road.


Flowers from Sally Bowen...thanks Sally.


Sailing anyone?


Old chairs in the fire pit.


A friend of mine from the Island.  On her way to Ernestown Secondary School.

No comments: