Friday, February 24, 2012

2012 Jan. in the Bahamas, Doris, Carolyn, kayaking...


Singalong on Wednesday with Brian on the mandolin and Deanne on the fiddle, Hank on the guitar.


Christmas breakfast, the toast is burnt because I still toast it on top of the stove, next year we'll get a toaster.


Christmas morning...it was very strange without family.


We went to the midnight Mass at the Catholic Church with Hank and Diane.


Isabelle and Andy's daughter and granddaughter came to visit.  I was practicing for the arrival of my new grandbaby in Feb.


When you have a gathering at Christmas the front door is usually crowded by snow boots but I thought the contrast of flip flops was worthy of a picture.


A real Christmas tree....from where?


More great food from all the boaters and many thanks to Liz and Rick for letting us party at their home.


We did that gift exchange where you have a deck of cards and hand out the cards and call people up to either pick from under the tree or take someone else's gift.  It was hilarious.


Gilly, short for Gilligan, was there too.  He lives in the house.


His friend...I can't remember his name....maybe someone will help me and email me the name of this dog.



Spanish Wells is in the Bahamas.  This is suppose to be a good book.


I got this book for the boat.


Snorkeling at the end of the canal.  So many fish....I love it.



Monday Night Madness with the sailors.


Rosie.

In the hot tub.


Carvings on Claus' boat.  I want to learn to carve, now.


Marion before she heads back home to England.


Merry Christmas from Jude and Anthony.


My shadow.

When Carolyn, Brian and Deanne came they stayed at Our Lucayan in Port Lucaya and this was part of the view.  It was a fabulous view.


Also their view.


Carolyn and me.  Carolyn is a Vision Teacher for the Durham Board and I knew her from when I was a Vision Itinerant  for the Peel Board.


Count Basie Square was all decorated up for Christmas.


Doris and I kayaking. on the ocean.




Doris and Chris.


Senior Junkanoo in downtown Freeport.  We asked Hayward the taxi driver to take a bunch of us down.


Senior Junkanoo is on New Years Day evening and Junior Junkanoo is the second weekend in January.  A great celebration in the Bahamas.


One night at Monday Night Madness it was soooo cooooool the Bahama Mamas were slushies.


It was almost cold but no snow.


Karaoke, Anthony singing with the girls.

No comments: