Friday, March 8, 2013

184 Jeremy, Sing Along, Hawksbill, Skyping...


This is my dear friend Jeremy Russel.  Four years ago when we came to Ocean Reef I was looking for a person who was blind to practice Braille with.  They sent me to the City Market on Sea Horse Boulevard.  Rwanda said, "I think there is a lady there outside the Market that is blind."  So on my bicycle and away to City Market I went and sure enough there was Margaret sitting at a TV table with a sign saying she was a Blind Person and "God Bless You, What a beautiful day it is and I can't see it but I know it."   She was selling peanuts and often Local People would walk by and say, "Good afternoon Miss Margaret" and hand her a bill or two.  Sometimes they took peanuts and sometimes not but most of the time they would greet her and visit with her.  This is a long story so I will stop now and tell you that Jeremy was 14 at the time.  He was 7 when his Ma went blind and she passed that year that I met her and Jeremy was 14.  Jeremy is now 18 and would like to go to a College in Canada.  He has his High School diploma.  He did not write any Government Exams.  He is a very good Basketball Player.  His hope is to get a scholarship to go to College in Canada.  Can anyone out there help me with finding out if this is possible? 


I bought this beautiful Plait Hat from Miss Ev and here I am in Santy's parking lot skyping Kate and Loa.  At this time the internet at Ocean Reef was not very good, now it is Fabulous but at that time I had Santy's password and he was letting me use his internet.


Me Skyping.


Sunset from Hawkesbill Yacht Club on the Canal.


Hawksbill Yacht Club doesn't have any boats.  These are their docks.  We're going to go over some day and try to dock there.  It has a great club house and round bar and a wonderful kitchen to cook in and good people.


Hank and Anthony at the Wednesday Night Sing Along at Groupers Restaurant.  I'm there too, I play Mandolin, tambourine, kazoo, spoons, shaker eggs, Train whistle, etc.


Anthony typed this book up a couple years ago now.  We all have great fun singing the songs from it.


I'm at Hawksbill and it's starting to rain so one of the guys on the fishing boat must have phoned a friend to bring his rain coat down to the sea wall at Hawksbill.  Here he is handing the raincoat off to the man on the boat.  They didn't dock they just touched and left.


Diane, Jamie and Janice at the Sing Along and the other singers are behind them.

No comments: