Wednesday, March 13, 2013

184 Rooster...Batik...Doris


Janet heard a rooster every morning down here and there was no sign of the fellow.  Janet, the other day I was biking to Freeport and there was the rooster.  I was birding but didn't expect to see the rooster.  Can I put that on my bird list?  : )

   Louise, one of the boaters, wears this shirt and I just love the picture so I asked her if I could take a picture of it so I could sketch it and she said, "Sure".  So here is the picture.  A couple weeks later she gave it to me...I couldn't believe it.  I will wear it forever.



I


This is Doris' garden, isn't it awesome.  She has some people from Haiti renting the little building in her backyard and they asked if they could grow a garden and a beautiful garden of legumes they did grow.  I can hardly wait till harvest.  I hope I'm here for that.


This is Doris and Chris' house that they raised their children in.  It's now the place/factory where Doris makes her batiked materials and clothing line.


A beautiful hibiscus at the house/factory.


Doris wearing a visor I made for her.  The materials are African print and Doris batik, Global Batik.


No comments: