Monday, April 30, 2012

Reading...Braille...Doris' Grandchildren...


This was an interesting book mainly because if I can fit it in I would really like to do my radio show, "The Cheesemaker's Daughter on CJAI, Amherst Island Radio, 92.3, FM and you can find it on your computer too on their website.  I was doing interviews with seniors on the Island and playing music and having Dan and Anthony perform.  I ran out of time so now I have to or want to figure out a time to do it again.


This is the Brailler that Val and her friend, Al, donated to me.  MicroScience Computers repaired it and Val and her friend paid for the repair and right ow it is being used by a Grade one student, Edmond, at Beacon School in the Bahamas.  Thanks so much to you Val and Al.


I got some Braille books sent down to the Bahamas by Peel School Board, I think around 16 boxes.  Thanks so much to Debbie and Mary Jean who facilitated this gift and thanks to Carolyn Wipf for using her spare bedroom as a library for the supplies and books that are coming in from Canada.


Doris Hamilton's grandkids, twins, Shalome and Jonathan.  What a cute and crazy bunch.


Miss Susan carrying out some watermelon for her older sister and brother.  She is the spit and image of her Gammy Doris.

No comments: